Tips on How to Skate
How to SkateWe offer some brief hints here. There are vast amounts of information available in books and magazines available at the library or newsstand. Skating comes in all styles: Session skating, class skating, and competitive skating.
Here are our tips for the session skating style:
- Skates should be comfortable but snug.
- Lace skates tightly, but don't cut off circulation.
- Check trucks and wheels, that they are not too loose.
- Check brakes, screws should not be protruding.
- Put on protective pads and helmut.
- Always stay relaxed, and have knees bent.
- Keep arms forward, so if you fall you will fall forward.
- At first, ride on two feet to get the feel of rolling.
- Push the right skate away with a sidewards push, transferring your weight onto the left foot, return to two feet. Repeat on other foot.
SKATELAND has a wide assortment of classes for people of all ages.
Kids of all ages, age 3 and up, we offer classes on Sundays at 4:00 p.m. More information here: Star Classes.
Skaters with some experience can join the skating club to learn more about skating. The Skating Club is offered on Monday evenings at 6 p.m.
Details on class and club lesson plans are available, or come down and talk with one of our coaches.
Home | Birthday | Private Birthday | Private Parties | Session Schedule | Classes: Beginner or Advanced | Directions | Buy Skates | Guestbook | Employees